“Getting the Most from your Healthcare Appointment” is a FREE 1.5 hour workshop. The workshop helps people with communicating with their health team and others.
All participants must pre-register for the workshop.
During this workshop, you are responsible for taking care of your own needs. You may leave the room at any time, stand up, stretch, or tend to your needs. In general, the workshop is considered to be safe for people with chronic conditions.
- Be respectful of others and their ideas
- Maintain confidentiality
- Give any new activities at least a two-week trial
- Turn off your cell phones/pagers
- Participate in group discussion
- Not give direct health care advice to other participants, as each individual has customized health care plans designed around their individual health needs and personal situation from their health care providers. Direct Health care should only be taken from a licensed health care provider.
Participants must be able to set goals and function in a group setting. For example, the program would not be appropriate for someone with memory impairment, or for someone who would be disruptive in a group. However, caregivers, family members or friends can benefit from learning self-management skills to help support others and take care of themselves.
All workshop participants receive the PEP Talk Workbook and a foot care magnet. The Program is funded by the Ministry of Health and is part of the provincial strategy to prevent and manage chronic diseases.