PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You
For people living with diabetes. Caregivers welcome.
Arm your patients in having the confidence to manage their basic foot care in relation to diabetes concerns. Learn effective tips and strategies to help prevent foot ulcers and amputations related to diabetes.
How Does PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You Work?
- Every workshop is free for adults of all ages and their caregivers
- Participants meet for the 2-1/2 hour interactive workshop
- Groups have between 6-18 participants with two trained leaders facilitating each workshop
- Workshops take place in community settings such as senior centres, churches, libraries and hospitals or via videoconferencing
- The program is offered throughout the year in Northwestern Ontario communities
- Each participant receives a free workbook, hand mirror, and a few other resources.
- Pre-registration is required but a referral is not. Sign up on-line today or call toll free 1-800-626-5406. It’s free and easy.
PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You Workshop
- Overview of diabetic ulcers
- Facts on the need for checking feet
- Internal and external problems that can lead to diabetic foot ulcers
- Foot deformities
- Diabetes and your feet – circulation, skin & sensation changes
- Basic foot care including socks and shoes
- Foot care team overview
- Basic info on the Inlow’s 60-Second Diabetic Foot screen
- Commitment to Change sharing