Inform Your Community
You can help to spread the word about our effective and fun workshops.
Since its regional launch in March 2008, the Healthy Change with Chronic Conditions program has rapidly expanded – over 74 free workshops have been hosted in Ontario’s North West Region.
The PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You program had its regional launch in March 2014 with solid interest and growth in Ontario’s North West Region.
The Getting the Most from your Healthcare Appointment (GTM) program had its regional launch in March 2014 with solid interest and growth in Ontario’s North West Region. Six other LHINs are participating in this provincial expansion.
We are always looking for new partners in our North West Ontario communities. Here are some ideas of ways you can inform your community about the free “Healthy Change” workshop.
Promote Our Programs
- Post a link to healthychange.ca on your website, or include it in your print materials. If you do, let us know! We’d love to hear from you.
- Include a program workshop schedule in your next newsletter.
- Send self-management workshop listings to a community events calendar.
- Put a Healthy Change, PEP Talk or GTM poster in your centre bulletin board or brochures in your waiting room. You can request promotional materials from our office by emailing Michael.McBride@ontariohealth.ca.
Partner With Us
- Host an introductory session for your staff or the broader community. A speaker from one of our programs can share excerpts from the workshop and will answer questions. Introductory sessions are 1-1.5 hours for Healthy Change, and 0.5-1 hour for PEP Talk and GTM. We can also do a shorter lunch & learn presentation to your staff on the program at your best time, availability and location.
- Send your staff or volunteers for Volunteer Peer Leader training so they can facilitate the workshops in your area.
- Host a six-week workshop in your organization’s meeting room.
- Organize a group of 8 – 16 people who are interested in taking the workshop & we’ll bring the leaders to your location. See ‘Involve’ – Host a workshop.
- Learn how to incorporate Self-Management Support approaches and referrals into your daily activities.